[tz] Add new timezone for Hanoi Capital, Vietnam

Wed Feb 20 08:35:42 UTC 2019

On 2019-02-19 10:56, Paul Eggert wrote:
> On 2/18/19 10:07 AM, KP wrote:
>> https://vi.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giờ_ở_Việt_Nam
>> <https://vi.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gi%E1%BB%9D_%E1%BB%9F_Vi%E1%BB%87t_Nam>
> This cites the same source that we've used for our Vietnam data. If the web page
> contains other information that would be relevant to tzdb, please let us know.
> The source is cited in the 'asia' file as follows:
> # Trần Tiến Bình's authoritative book "Lịch Việt Nam: thế kỷ XX-XXI (1901-2100)"
> # (Nhà xuất bản Văn Hoá - Thông Tin, Hanoi, 2005), pp 49-50,
> # is quoted verbatim in:
> # http://www.thoigian.com.vn/?mPage=P80D01
> # is translated by Brian Inglis in:
> # https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2014-October/021654.html
> # and is the basis for the information below.
> I checked a printed copy of Trần's book and verified that the thoigian.com.vn
> quote is verbatim.
> WorldCat says there's another version of Trần's book dated 2013:
> https://www.worldcat.org/oclc/946663040
> However, WorldCat lists only two copies of this version in the world's libraries
> (one in the Library of Congress, the other in the Bibliothèque nationale de
> France). Also, there's a good chance that the WorldCat listing is in error, or
> that the 2013 edition's updates (if any) don't affect tzdb. So I haven't
> investigated this.

Suspicious that the National Library of Vietnam does not catalogue a copy,
although the colonial interests BN and LoC do.
Any chance that a national of those countries could ask their national library
for a copy of the title/subtitle/copyright pages and those pages with the
headings in the online quotation?