[tz] Please remove tzdata2018f

Ankur Rana ankur.rana at ericsson.com
Thu Feb 21 07:31:39 UTC 2019

Hello Paul/Team,

While doing tzdata upgrade to version 2018f, we found below issue.

java.lang.Exception: Failed while parsing file '/tmp/tz.tmp/asia' on line 1842 'Rule      Japan 1948  1951  -     Sep   Sat>=8      25:00 0     S'
      at tools.tzdb.TzdbZoneRulesCompiler.parseFile(TzdbZoneRulesCompiler.java:377)
      at tools.tzdb.TzdbZoneRulesCompiler.compile(TzdbZoneRulesCompiler.java:191)
      at tools.tzdb.TzdbZoneRulesCompiler.<init>(TzdbZoneRulesCompiler.java:307)
      at com.sun.tools.tzupdater.ExternalModule.compileToJSRBinary(ExternalModule.java:226)
      at com.sun.tools.tzupdater.TimezoneUpdater.run(TimezoneUpdater.java:222)
      at com.sun.tools.tzupdater.TimezoneUpdater.main(TimezoneUpdater.java:643)
Caused by: tools.tzdb.DateTimeException: Invalid value for SecondOfDay value: 90000
      at tools.tzdb.ChronoField.checkValidValue(ChronoField.java:173)
      at tools.tzdb.LocalTime.ofSecondOfDay(LocalTime.java:210)
      at tools.tzdb.TzdbZoneRulesCompiler.parseMonthDayTime(TzdbZoneRulesCompiler.java:475)
      at tools.tzdb.TzdbZoneRulesCompiler.parseRuleLine(TzdbZoneRulesCompiler.java:399)
      at tools.tzdb.TzdbZoneRulesCompiler.parseFile(TzdbZoneRulesCompiler.java:354)
      ... 5 more

We further found that the issue was addressed in version 2018g.

To avoid any reoccurrence of same, would it be possible to prevent the tzdata version 2018f from downloading on iana site?

[Ericsson]<http://www.ericsson.com/>

ANKUR RANA
Senior Software Developer
Bussiness Area Digital Services - Development Unit

Ericsson
Block A, King Canyon "ASF Insignia" THE IT/ITES SEZ, Faridabad Road, Gawal Pahari, Gurgaon
122003, India
Phone +91-124-3088600
Mobile +91-9811264594
ankur.rana at ericsson.com
www.ericsson.com

[http://www.ericsson.com/current_campaign]<http://www.ericsson.com/current_campaign>

Legal entity: Ericsson India Global Services Pvt Ltd, registered office in Gurgaon. This Communication is Confidential. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at www.ericsson.com/email_disclaimer<http://www.ericsson.com/email_disclaimer>