[tz] tzdb timezone names/identifiers and links

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Thu Feb 28 10:02:14 UTC 2019

Tony,

Tony Finch wrote:
> A common cause of significant confusion is when people are trying to
> organize meetings between people in multiple time zones. I think the
> confusion is due to poor calendaring data models which make it difficult
> to provide a user interface that illustrates what is going on.
>
> (old long version of these thoughts: https://fanf.livejournal.com/104586.html)

Thanks for the pointer. I haven't seen your article before, but it is
really a great summary of the problems I've also observed.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Senior Software Engineer

MEINBERG Funkuhren GmbH & Co. KG
Email: martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Phone: +49 5281 9309-414
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/martinburnicki/

Lange Wand 9, 31812 Bad Pyrmont, Germany
Amtsgericht Hannover 17HRA 100322
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Günter Meinberg, Werner Meinberg,
Andre Hartmann, Heiko Gerstung
Websites: https://www.meinberg.de  https://www.meinbergglobal.com
Training: https://www.meinberg.academy