[tz] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island resort

Deborah Goldsmith goldsmit at apple.com
Thu Jan 17 20:33:27 UTC 2019

Apparently, this resort in the Maldives has its own time zone and observes GMT+06 year round, unlike Male at GMT+05. It looks like we’d need a new zone for this.

Source:
Internal reports and:
http://conradglobalmediacenter.com/assets/CNRD/docs/FactSheets/ConradMaldives/ConradMaldivesFactSheet_v5.pdf
(search for “Local Time”)
I wasn’t able to find any source contradicting this information.

Apparently it’s a known issue that Maldives resort islands have their own (unofficial) time zones:
https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/maldives

At the moment, users need to find a time zone that has the same GMT offset (in this case Indian/Chagos works) and use that instead.

Thanks,
Debbie