[tz] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island resort

Deborah Goldsmith goldsmit at apple.com
Thu Jan 17 23:28:09 UTC 2019

Chagos is part of the British Indian Ocean Territories, an overseas territory of the UK, while Rangali Island is part of the Maldives, a sovereign nation. The fact that they happen to have the same GMT offset now is no guarantee they always did. Chagos changed from GMT+5 to GMT+6 in 1995.

Given that they are from separately administered regions, I thought the policy was they should be separate time zones?

Thanks,
Debbie