[tz] How long will the rearguard formats continue be provided?

Mark Davis ☕️ mark at macchiato.com
Fri Jan 25 17:57:32 UTC 2019

There will be major implementations using the rearguard format into the
indefinite future; billions more instances of OSs will use rearguard than
use non-rearguard. The non-rearguard causes significant compatibility
problems, and doesn't provide any additional functionality that would
offset those problems.

Mark