[tz] DST ends 2040 in Oracle database

Joachim Damm Joachim.Damm at werum.com
Tue Jan 29 09:42:56 UTC 2019

Hi,

only for clarifying.
Our software is for the pharmaceutical industry and there it is not acceptable if the expiry date of an active ingredient  is calculated wrongly. The FDA (US Food and Drug Administration) will also no accept wrong timestamps in the production, also not in the distant future.
>From the Oracle support I got the information that they are internally checking with their DST experts.
The former information from Oracle was, that this is a known issue which will be fix in future with below enhancement request raised.

Kind Regards

i.A. Joachim Damm

Senior Database Consultant Systems Integration

Werum IT Solutions GmbH
Wulf-Werum-Str. 3, 21337 Lüneburg, Germany

T +49 4131 8900-515
F +49 4131 8900-20
Joachim.Damm at Werum.com
www.werum.com

Geschäftsführer / Managing Directors: Rüdiger Schlierenkämper, Richard Nagorny, Hans-Peter Subel
RG Lüneburg / Court of Jurisdiction: Lüneburg, Germany
Handelsregisternummer / Commercial Register: HRB 204984
USt.-IdNr. / VAT No.: DE 116 083 850

Connect with us: