[tz] DST ends 2040 in Oracle database

Wed Jan 30 16:32:46 UTC 2019

On 2019-01-30 06:30, Fred Gleason wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2019, at 07:17, Robert Elz wrote:
>> Most drugs I see have the expiry date listed as (just) month and year
>> (perhaps unless they have a very short shelf life) - but for anything
>> that is years away from the manufaacture date is anyone (FDA
>> included) really asking anyone to believe that one day here or there
>> is going to make a difference, especially as environmental conditions
>> are most likely not well controlled.   The hour (or two) of time variation
>> for summer time is never going to be relevant.
> Unfortunately, you’re likely dealing with attorneys here. Straining at gnats and
> swallowing elephants has been a required course in law schools since at least 33 AD.
> | Some men are heterosexual, and some are bisexual, and some men |
> | don't think about sex at all... they become lawyers.           |
> |                                                 -- Woody Allen |

Don't talk too loudly: they may not agree with times other than solar LMT or
maybe GMT with an offset; anything that is not defined as legal time in a law in
a specific jurisdiction is a basis for a legal/rhetorical argument.
Certainly expiry day of the month and time of day would be grist to the mill in
liability lawsuits.
Some payment processors will still not accept credit cards with expiry dates in
the current month, despite credit card issuer standards stating that expiry is
at the end of the month (in which or whose time zone?)