[tz] tzdata2019b failing to be parsed

Ian Kaebery ian.k at me.com
Mon Jul 8 17:24:01 UTC 2019

Hello,

I’m having trouble with the TZUpdater tool. I’m using the latest version to try and update my timezone definitions to either the ‘latest' package, or the ‘2019b' package, retreived from the IANA website. Both are failing on an entry with Japan using a time of 25:00.

I’ve read inconsistent comments on the internet stating a number of things - that this was fixed in the 2018 version, or that there is a script you can run to patch the line, or that there’s an unofficial version (rearguard?) available - but since this is for work I’d prefer to use an unmodified and up-to-date (>2018) version directly from IANA’s website.

Do you know if there is any official package I can use for the 2019b definitions that would work with the TZUpdater tool?

Thanks very much,
Ian