[tz] VTIMEZONEs and Outlook

Ken Murchison murch at fastmail.com
Tue Jul 9 20:28:00 UTC 2019

All,

Sorry for the off-topic post, but I'm fishing.

I'm one of the maintainers of vzic, a utility to convert IANA tzdata
into iCalendar VTIMEZONE components.  In the process of tweaking the
tool to handle recent tzdata changes and to generate more
correct/compact VTIMEZONEs in "pure" mode, I managed to break the
generation of Outlook-compatible VTIMEZONEs.

Does anyone know what parts of the iCalendar/VTIMEZONE spec that Outlook
doesn't properly handle and/or know what the requirements are to be
compatible with Outlook?

--
Ken Murchison
Cyrus Development Team