[tz] VTIMEZONEs and Outlook

Wed Jul 10 05:59:43 UTC 2019

On 2019-07-09 14:28, Ken Murchison wrote:
> Sorry for the off-topic post, but I'm fishing.

> I'm one of the maintainers of vzic, a utility to convert IANA tzdata into
> iCalendar VTIMEZONE components.  In the process of tweaking the tool to
> handle recent tzdata changes and to generate more correct/compact VTIMEZONEs
> in "pure" mode, I managed to break the generation of Outlook-compatible
> VTIMEZONEs.

Try using git bisect or a similar process to figure out what change broke your
Outlook-compatible VTIMEZONE generation, and or analyze the changes between your
last known good sources and your current state.

> Does anyone know what parts of the iCalendar/VTIMEZONE spec that Outlook
> doesn't properly handle and/or know what the requirements are to be
> compatible with Outlook?

Try throwing a hook into these ponds:
https://docs.microsoft.com/openspecs/
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/officeinteroperability/2015/09/22/exchange-server-2016-protocol-updates-have-arrived/