[tz] America/Vancouver for 1946, PS

Michael H Deckers michael.h.deckers at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 22 20:57:11 UTC 2019

    On 2019-07-22 10:37, Alois Treindl wrote:
> PS: The claim by Shanks, quoted in TZ for America/Fort_Nelson, that most of BC
> did not have DST in 1946 is correct.
>

> On 22.07.19 12:24, Alois Treindl wrote:
> >
> > Rule    Vanc    1946    only    -       Oct     13      2:00 0       S
> >
> > should be
> >
> > Rule    Vanc    1946    only    -       Sep     29      0:00 0       S
> >
> > According to Victoria Daily Times, Saturday 28 September 1946.
> >
> > Many parts of the state went back to standard time earlier in September,
> > according to this article.

    Thanks for these sources!

    However, the two sources are not consistent with each other,
    The "Vancouver Daily Province" syas that Kelowna and Penticton
    do not observe DST in 1946 while the "Victoria Daily Times" says
    they both switch back on 1946-09-28 at midnight.

    It also strikes me as strange that the switch back from DST
    should happen at midnight when DST started with the traditional
    jump from 02 to 03.

    While the piece in the "Vancouver Daily Province" has local
    details, the article in the "Victoria Daily Times" seems to
    be a syndicated text.

    Michael Deckers.