[tz] Oregon to join remainder of US West Coast with permanent DST?

Paul Gilmartin PaulGBoulder at aim.com
Fri Jun 7 18:57:58 UTC 2019

On 2019-06-07, at 10:15:39, Matt Johnson wrote:

> Washington and California laws indeed passed, so it will be great if Oregon joins in.  But everything is dependent on US bills that are still in progress.  These are really the ones to watch:
>
> https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/1556
>
> https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/670
>
> https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/1601
    This bill allows states to observe daylight savings time year-round.
    (States may already choose to observe standard time year-round.)

??? Why?
States may likewise choose to move one timezone eastward.  Either action
requires only approval by the Secretary of Transportation, not an act
of Congress.

What is the effect on tm_isdst?  Do they care whether their documents
are timestamped PDT or MST?

> Also, since Nevada and parts of Idaho are also in Pacific time, a new zone entry may still be required.  I haven't seen anything indicated they are interested in changing.

-- gil