[tz] Java & Rearguard

Michael H Deckers michael.h.deckers at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 10 15:44:48 UTC 2019

On 2019-06-10 13:27, Matt Johnson wrote:

> I'd just like to point out the obvious - LOTS of other things use the CLDR time zone names data.  Some go through ICU and some use CLDR directly.

    Yes. The PHP date() function has the format specifier I which yields

             "1 if Daylight Saving Time, 0 otherwise",
    and also "1 si está en horario de verano, 0 si no" in Spanish.

    I am sure that nobody in Ireland would ever say "daylight-saving time"
    when they meant winter time, so that the (new meaning of the) tzdb
dst bit
    is of no use for PHP.

    Michael Deckers.