[tz] Timezone in Autonomous Republic of Crimea and spelling of Kyiv

serhii.demediuk at cyberpolice.gov.ua serhii.demediuk at cyberpolice.gov.ua
Sat Jun 22 05:00:58 UTC 2019

Dear Oleksandr,

We indeed raised this issue in December.
Unfortunately, our proposal have not been accepted. We provided additional reasons and historical analogues to support our proposal, but only achieved partial understanding.
For us, non-native speakers, Paul's last email was very clear that he already made final decision and plan to sitisfy our proposal only partially, still leaving Crimea associated with the Russia in one of the TZDB files. It was not exactly our proposal, and for obvious reasons I was not in a position to accept it and choose 'lesser of evils'.
It is a big surprise to discover that 6 months later this public discussion is used to repeatedly blame us for the fact that even 'partial' patch, which was prepared in December is still not implemented due to the lack of attention from my side. As you may see, there is no any word in Paul's last email in December, which would suggest that there is any reply expected from our side in order to implement that patch.

Dear Paul,

I take this opportunity to beg my pardon for misunderstanding, which prevented you from implementation of your own decision due to the lack of attention from my side.
I'd like to make clear that we cannot fully support proposed patch, but we fully respect your authority and respect your decisions, even the ones, which made without our agreement.
I sincerely believe that case is clear and acceptance of Russian occupation for 'practicality reasons' is not an option which I personally would ever support. Please, do not blame me for the lack of flexibility, but our proposal was formulated in December and remains the same.
Your position is also clear. You have authority to implement the patch, which was prepared in December, if you feel that it is properly addressing this issue. There is no need to blame others for the fact that it is not implemented in TZDB.

Sorry for not responding to your yesterday's email immediately, but since I'm on leave and have only accasional opportunity to check emails - my replys are slightly delayed.

Kind regards,

Head of the Cyberpolice Department of the National Police of Ukraine

Serhii Demediuk

tel.: +380443743738

e-mail: serhii.demediuk at cyberpolice.gov.ua

Ukraine, Kyiv