[tz] Petition to abolish local time in Sommarøy, Norway

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Wed Jun 26 16:48:49 UTC 2019

Even Scharning wrote in <e9840363c6668d334ca02bfc1bf22ad1 at time.is>:
 |On 2019-06-26 16:31, Paul.Koning at dell.com wrote:
 |>> On Jun 26, 2019, at 3:06 AM, Even Scharning <tzdb at time.is> wrote:
 |>>
 |>> NRK.no revealed today that this story was in fact a marketing
 |>> campaign, hatched by the government-owned Innovation Norway.
 |>
 |> That's very disturbing.  It's problematic enough that not all
 |> governments give timely notice about time zone rule changes.
 |>
 |> But if in addition we have to deal with government agencies supplying
 |> deliberately false information, the TZ work becomes that much more
 |> difficult.
 |>
 |> I wonder if it would make sense for Dr. Eggert to issue a letter of
 |> complaint to the Norway government, pointing out the trouble caused by
 |> this sort of false information.  It might even make sense to state
 |> that doing so will cause us to treat future (possibly real) change
 |> notices with doubt and not act on them promptly, as we normally would
 |> do given that we normally assume government notices are not
 |> deliberately false.
 |>
 |>  paul
 |
 |It was rather obvious that this was a publicity stunt, and I think most
 |media and people reading the story understood that. The reason that the
 |media still took the bait, was that it made a cute story. The only real
 |surprise here is that the idea came from a government-owned agency.
 |
 |Anyway, I support the suggestion of writing a formal complaint. It would
 |give even more publicity to my home country. ;)

Isn't it enough that you have all that oil and push electric
vehicles en gros instead of driving nice eight cylindres as you
should?  (For what's it worth, the future is fuel cell, and
anybody knows this since at least the end of the eighties.  It is
sheer delirious that we create 1m charge stations first, now.  And
also, driving along 600 or more kilogram of prescious rare earth
we had a hundred years ago in Germany, and the English i think had
their milk delivery until not so long ago like that, too.)

I liked it.  In the 80s we had that "filofax here, filofax there"
thing, even earlier Pink Floyd made their stand at the problem,
somehow.  Why not Norvay know, Papa Koning?

--steffen