[tz] Why is `Etc/UCT` not an alias of `Etc/UTC`?

Isiah Meadows contact at isiahmeadows.com
Tue Mar 5 22:06:56 UTC 2019

Okay. I was just under the impression UTC and UCT are the same and
thus have little reason to be distinct. It just seemed odd they were
different, especially when they're used synonymously, and knowing
tzdata is so broadly used for basically everything, I could reasonably
see a ton of people relying on the non-aliasing behavior.

The citations seem interesting, so it is definitely worth a mountain
and three fourths of testing if you were to make any changes to
`Etc/UCT`.

-----

Isiah Meadows
contact at isiahmeadows.com