[tz] [PROPOSED] zic option for including data from a certain year onward

Christopher Wong christopher.wong at axis.com
Tue Mar 12 12:01:50 UTC 2019

My gcc version is:
gcc (Debian 6.3.0-18+deb9u1) 6.3.0 20170516

I just used a script to compile the database without any flags:

#! /bin/sh
ZONEINFO=/home/christwo/dists/tz/test_zic_github

gcc zic.c -o zic

for tz in etcetera southamerica northamerica europe africa antarctica  \
          asia australasia backward systemv factory; do
    ./zic -L /dev/null   -d $ZONEINFO  -r @220924800/@441763200   -y "sh yearistype.sh" ${tz}
done
./zdump -v $ZONEINFO/Africa/Abidjan

If I do:
make clean
make ... install
as you specified, then I don't see the segmentation faults either. I guess, I just didn't do it the right way.

BR,
Christopher Wong