[tz] Estimate for a new tzdb release with Brazil rules.

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu May 16 18:59:33 UTC 2019

On 5/16/19 10:57 AM, Paul.Koning at dell.com wrote:
> That's a good point.  I would suggest a goal that any change properly submitted will appear in a tzdata release within a month.  "Properly submitted" means there is an authoritative official statement of the rule change, with the detail necessary to turn it into a tzdata rule.

I could go along with something like this, though I don't want to
guarantee any specific schedule. It could be that a change (like
Brazil's) is not urgent and that later changes need some time to
percolate through the system, for example. With that in mind, I'll try
to generate other low-priority changes that are consequences of email to
this mailing list that haven't been acted on, or are other changes I've
been meaning to do. We might as well batch them in while we're putting
out the Brazil change.