[tz] R: need testing for new tzdb release for Brazil changes

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Mon May 27 20:30:05 UTC 2019

DONATELLA SABELLICO wrote:
> are these tables also the one that each OS will include?  I mean I need to know how the OS patches itself having the new rules.
>
> Did they use your tables?

Yes, though it's a complicated process involving several moving parts. These
parts are downstream from tzdb itself and you need to contact the individual
parts-makers for whatever software and/or data you happen to be using. To some
extent that is what I was doing in my previous email by asking questions about
TZUpdater, which is one of the parts. You should know your own parts suppliers
and how to contact them.