[tz] Java & Rearguard

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Fri May 31 16:53:53 UTC 2019

On May 31, 2019, at 8:31 AM, Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne at joda.org> wrote:

> Unfortunately I don't run on Linux, so can't check this.

Do you mean "don't run on Linux" or do you mean "don't run on any flavor of UN*X"?  Paul said "if I run the following shell command on a POSIX-compatible host", which is inequivalent to "on Linux" (especially given that few if any Linux distributions have been run through the Single UNIX Specification test suite to validate them as POSIX-compliant).  Is there something special here about Linux that means that some other UN*X won't suffice?