[tz] WSJ follows AP to Kyiv

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Wed Nov 20 13:17:39 UTC 2019

Guy Harris wrote:
> just speak of "printable ASCII" or "printable US/NIST ASCII" or whatever,
as that will reduce confusion.

My error then. And I use UTF-7 as shorthand (incorrectly) too much, and
will no longer. Thank you for correcting me.

(not "why the tzdb ID for that region should be changed to Europe/Roma, as
> I've seen nobody ask for it to be changed).

I should have probably stated that I get the Anglization or English
question a lot when dealing with Zoneinfo, and a few other ISOC related
standards. I know several vendors do as well, and I've has to deal with
non-North American partners often.

The theory file has been my answer, and I guess some will always find it
insufficient in current form. Not saying it be should be changed, just
always answering to others it could be changed, if they have
recommendations.

As I disclaimed, I could very well be ignorant of many aspects.

- bjs