[tz] [PROPOSED] Rename asctime symbols if required in private.h

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Oct 15 16:54:15 UTC 2019

On 10/15/19 4:24 AM, Roland Young wrote:

> Note: if my assumption about "other cases" is wrong, the preprocessor guards in
> this patch should be omitted.

Thanks, I installed the patch without the preprocessor guards (see attached)
since I don't see why asctime/asctime_r should be different from ctime/ctime_r etc.

RESERVE_STD_EXT_IDS is not the only reason that the symbols might be renaming;
it could be that the symbols are not reserved but you want to rename them
anyway. If I am missing something and a fix is needed here, it can be the
subject of a separate patch.