[tz] 'Australia/Canberra' time zone?

Philip Paeps philip at trouble.is
Fri Apr 24 08:21:58 UTC 2020

On 2019-11-25 11:21:52 (+0800), Philip Paeps wrote:
> On 2019-11-25 00:03:42 (+0800), Tom Lane wrote:
>> "Philip Paeps" <philip at trouble.is> writes:
>>> I have no strong opinion about whether to install the backzone links
>>> in FreeBSD or not.  If the majority of other operating systems
>>> install them though, FreeBSD should probably do so as well.  If
>>> we're currently the only ones not installing the backzone links ...
>>> that's just silly. :-)
>>
>> I can't claim to have surveyed everything, but I have personal
>> experience with Debian, Red Hat, NetBSD, OpenBSD, and macOS, and they
>> all ship the backzone links.
>
> Thanks for confirming that.
>
> I'll install the backward (not backzone) links in FreeBSD when I
> import the next update of tzdata.

I imported tzdata2020a into FreeBSD-head a couple of hours ago (soon
after I saw Paul's release announcement).  When I went to install the
backward links as promised, I noticed that Xin Li already made that
change two weeks ago.

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/share/zoneinfo/Makefile?revision=359736&view=markup

This should bring FreeBSD closer to other operating systems.

(I still have a long-standing todo item to bring tzcode into the last
decade, and possibly even the next one.)

Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer