[tz] Change Request: Europe/Kiev to Europe/Kyiv

Tim Parenti tim at timtimeonline.com
Sat Aug 15 23:47:31 UTC 2020

On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 at 18:53, John Hawkinson <jhawk at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> You can create a template that explains to a would-be pull request
> submitter than pull requests will be closed and the project uses the
> mailing list for development discussions.

Indeed, that was my explicit intent behind suggesting a CONTRIBUTING file
in August 2014, but it seems Github has since deprioritized how it
displays this to would-be-first-time-contributors.
https://docs.github.com/en/github/building-a-strong-community/setting-guidelines-for-repository-contributors#adding-a-contributing-file

One could argue that the mere presence of a CONTRIBUTING should require new
contributors to check a box acknowledging that they understand the
project's guidelines — which in our case explicitly says "don't do this" —
but alas, this isn't the case.

--
Tim Parenti