[tz] zic bug: Wall-clock ordering of transition times

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Dec 7 19:21:17 UTC 2020

On 12/6/20 10:06 AM, Michael H Deckers via tz wrote:
>      I find it a bit embarrassing that the precise semantics of zic input
>      is only known to C compilers

We should document zic's behavior better, yes. As I vaguely recall, it's done
this way on purpose and so is a feature and not a bug. Perhaps Arthur's
less-fallible memory can cite chapter and verse about when and why the behavior
was put into zic.

I gave the documentation a shot by installing the attached patch into the
development version. Further improvements would be welcome.