[tz] tz database update on a publication & thank-you.

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Thu Jul 30 16:27:27 UTC 2020

On Thu 2020-07-30T09:30:50-0600 Andrew Lyon hath writ:
> A description of this investigation was published today in the Journal of Applied Laboratory Medicine:
> "No Lab Tests" When You Are Born in The Twilight Zone: A Clinical Informatics Case Report.
> [ https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32728691/ | https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32728691/ ]

For the sake of the software and that article I point out that the
nothing that could be called UTC existed before 1960, the term UTC was
not used until 1965, and not generally known until the mid 1970s.
For years in the 1930s the concept of converting time to UTC is barren.

The term UT itself was not endorsed by the IAU until 1928, and not
commonly used before the 1960s when the Greenwich observatory was no
longer active to provide GMT.

--
Steve Allen                    <sla at ucolick.org>              WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory--ISB 260  Natural Sciences II, Room 165  Lat  +36.99855