[tz] Use or Apply for SPDX Licence

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sat Jun 20 21:02:23 UTC 2020

On 6/20/20 1:45 PM, Paul.Koning at dell.com wrote:
> Why is anything needed here?

I guess it's for some sort of packaging software that wants to see a LICENSE
file containing a bunch of strings like "CC-PDDC" and "BSD-3-Clause". Or maybe
these strings would need to be in every source file? It's not clear.

It would be helpful to know more details. What is the packaging software? How
does that software work with tzdb now? Why would the change (whatever it is)
save everybody time?

If the IETF has a task force on this topic, perhaps we should wait for it to
come to a conclusion before worrying about the issue.