[tz] zdump with version 1 files

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sat Mar 21 20:23:06 UTC 2020

On 3/20/20 7:04 AM, Paul Ganssle wrote:
> Are the "TZif1" files non-standard, or are they prevalent enough that I
> should be aiming to support them?

For what it's worth, tzcode ignores both the version number and the magic "TZif"
string when deciphering a TZif file. That is, tzcode merely looks at the file's
payload and does the best that it can do.

I suppose that tzcode could be pickier about parsing TZif files, but I expect
that in practice the pickiness would not matter much and there is some benefit
to being generous about what tzcode accepts.