[tz] suggestion: split "backward" into "backward" and "deprecated"

John Hawkinson jhawk at alum.mit.edu
Tue May 5 01:00:17 UTC 2020

Paul Eggert <eggert at cs.ucla.edu> wrote on Mon,  4 May 2020
at 20:46:52 EDT in <7949485f-7efc-5590-ac50-a12dfd4c7718 at cs.ucla.edu>:

> Getting back to the main point, I'm not sure it's worth deprecating
> links like 'US/Pacific' any time soon, as so many people use them

I would strongly object to such deprecation. I realize we've set ourselves on such a path in a historical decision I disagree with, and that there's a desire not to relitigate it, but those links make a logical sense that should not be ignored.

Leave those alone, please.

Conservatism cautions against unnecessary churn.

jhawk at alum.mit.edu
John Hawkinson