[tz] DST changes in Hungary (full historical revision)

Michael H Deckers michael.h.deckers at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 10 20:51:04 UTC 2020

   On 2020-06-06 09:25, Nyáry Géza wrote:
> I used Library Hungarica online database as a source, where from scanned
> contemporary ministerial decrees, instructions, newspapers and from other
> documents it was possible to find the time of the changes concerning the
> years.
> https://library.hungaricana.hu
>
> I checked the modified changes many times and I considered it right.
> If it's possible, I ask the exchange the attached modified Hungarian
> section in global database!

   Many thanks for the careful work!

   I have checked the references you gave and offer the following comments:

   • source
[https://library.hungaricana.hu/hu/view/Delmagyarorszag_1949_09/?pg=94]
     documents only the step back on 1949-10-02 from 03 hours to 02
hours, but
     the start of summer time in 1949 is not documented in the sources
you quote.

   • Also, the step back on 1942-11-02 is not documented in the sources.

   • sources
[https://library.hungaricana.hu/hu/view/Delmagyarorszag_1981_01/?pg=79]
     and
[https://library.hungaricana.hu/hu/view/DTT_KOZL_TanacsokKozlonye_1983/?pg=85]
     seem to be inconsistent: both mention two different date for the
switch back
     in autumn (1981-09-26 and 1981-09-27 resp 1983-09-24 and 1983-09-25); I
     could make sense of different dates for the steps forward (from 24
h to 01 h)
     but not for the steps back.

   • source
[https://library.hungaricana.hu/hu/view/DTT_KOZL_TanacsokKozlonye_1980/?pg=1227]
     gives the steps for 1981, and should therefore placed later in the
zic source.
     Do you have a source for the steps in 1980?

   I do not read Hungarian, so I easily may have overlooked something in
these
   sources. Thanks again for the extensive work!

   Michael Deckers.