[tz] Ireland considering staying with summer time

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Tue Oct 13 08:32:09 UTC 2020

Kevin Lyda said:
> It seems unlikely, but there have been suggestions in Ireland to stay
> with summer time this year to deal with COVID-19. It's at the tail end
> of this story:
>
> https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/coronavirus-tighter-restrictions-mulled-for-dublin-as-cases-rise-1.4379066

Surely such a proposal would breach Directive 2000/84/EC.

> Out of interest, would a release to support such a change be possible?

I think we'd need to see more than just "a proposal" before making such a
change. Normally we would expect to see actual legislation.

(How does Ireland implenet EU Directives? Direct transposition into law or
rewriting them the way the UK does?)

--
Clive D.W. Feather          | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org     | it will get its revenge.