[tz] Wisconsin daylight savings 1957

Sat Apr 17 06:17:27 UTC 2021

On 2021-04-16 20:39, TJ via tz wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I was doing some digging and found the following referendum in 1957 for
> Wisconsin.
> - https://ballotpedia.org/Wisconsin_Daylight_Saving_Time,_Question_1_(April_1957)
>
> The text of the measure that passed was:
> "Shall section 175.095 (2) of the statutes, which proposes a statewide daylight saving time of one hour per day from the last Sunday in April to the last Sunday in September in each year be law beginning with the last Sunday in April 1957?"
>
> However, the 1947 ballot to use daylight savings was defeated:
> https://ballotpedia.org/Wisconsin_Daylight_Saving_Time_Referendum,_Question_1_(April_1947)

Indeed the Blue Book p699 gives the county? tally and totals:
https://digicoll.library.wisc.edu/cgi-bin/WI/WI-idx?type=goto&id=WI.WIBlueBk1948&isize=M&submit=Go+to+page&page=699

	For 313 091, Against 379 740.

but would not any measure for any change have to be passed in enabling
legislation (which could be some kind of Order or Regulation) which specified
more details than just "Daylight Saving Time"?

> In the tz db for North America, it looks like Wisconsin is using
> America/Chicago which has a few rules for the time period in question:
> Rule	Chicago	1922	1954	-	Sep	lastSun	2:00	0	S
> Rule	Chicago	1955	1966	-	Oct	lastSun	2:00	0	S
>
> It appears to me that Wisconsin might need some modification? Is this
> the correct mailing list for this discussion? Thanks,

What are the relevant codes, decrees, laws, orders, regulations, rules, or
statutes which establish and change the relevant state law, and are they
available online?