[tz] JavaScript IANA date/time library, now with support for leap seconds, TAI, TDT

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Apr 26 17:04:43 UTC 2021

Thanks for the info. I installed the attached to mention this.

As for leap second support into the past and future, that's a tricky
business indeed. Maybe the API should come with error bars? But I don't
know how you'd estimate the error.

Admittedly even calendrical support is dicey sufficiently far into the
past or future. Here's current tzdb:

$ TZ=UTC0 date -r 36028797018963968
Sun Jun 13 06:26:08 UTC 1141709097

That's the current prediction, but it ain't a-gonna happen.