[tz] Change Request: Europe/Kiev to Europe/Kyiv

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Mon Dec 6 21:39:33 UTC 2021

Paul Eggert via tz said:
> > the fact that the it's a plain text file (rather than CONTRIBUTING.md in markdown) makes it feel pretty unfriendly in the github world.
>
> I tried changing CONTRIBUTING to CONTRIBUTING.md by installing the
> attached patches into <https://github.com/eggert/tz>, but I don't see
> how this has made the GitHub world that much friendlier. Could you
> explain? What GitHub URLs work better now than they did yesterday?
>
> On second thought, switching from text to Markdown might not be worth
> the trouble.

Please let's stick to plain text. We may be using github to provide an
accessible git repository, but I don't see why that means we have to use
everything they provide even when it doesn't fit our work pattern. Everyone
can read plain text; let's leave it there.

--
Clive D.W. Feather          | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org     | it will get its revenge.