[tz] Anniversary

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Dec 13 17:14:27 UTC 2021

On 12/13/21 08:39, Brian Inglis via tz wrote:
> suggesting and requesting late anniversary submissions by filkers and
> literary posters

Bonus points for "filkers". I'd never heard of filk songs until today.

As a *terrible* poet (as Moore was) I suppose I'm qualified. Here's a
first verse; further contributions welcome.

Twas the month before Christmas, and all through the lab
Not an RA was shirking, nor having a gab.
Though stuffing was stored by the turkeys somewhere,
In hopes that Thanksgiving would be fun to share,
The PIs were typing away at their desks,
While visions of funding bucks danced like burlesques,
And Bob at his Anvil and I at my Sun,
Had just settled things for a long production run,
When out on the net there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my desk to see what was the matter.