[tz] State of Palestine Time zone - need to update

heba hamad heba.hamad at mtit.gov.ps
Thu Feb 11 09:50:14 UTC 2021

Dear Sir/Madam,

In reference to your recent response at 25 Oct,2020 regarding State of
Palestine's request to correct the 'Time Zone Database', we would like to
confirm that 'TZ' related to the State of Palestine is as follows:

PS   State of Palestine   Asia/East Jerusalem       UTC +2:00

Also, we would like to inform you that the State of Palestine comprises of
the West Bank, including East Jerusalem and Gaza, all of which are integral
parts of the State of Palestine, thus, as one territorial unit all areas
belong to the same time zone.

We would like to also emphasize that East Jerusalem is an integral part of
the West Bank as stipulated under international law and by numerous
international resolutions.

Therefore, we urge you to adopt the official name and correct your data
base.

Best Regards,

Heba Hamad

11 Feb,2021