[tz] New IANA-timezone support date/time library

Kerry Shetline kshetline at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 21:31:30 UTC 2021

At this point, the @tubular/time library only works with whatever the latest tzdb version was at the time a particular release gets built, or whatever the latest version of tzdb is that has been made available for download live via the release of a new version of @tubular/time. The library doesn’t go straight to the tzdb to grab the updates, but rather to its own repo where the data has been pre-processed into a more easily digested form.

I am, however, considering translating the Java code that does the preprocessing into JavaScript, and I’ll definitely consider making that code available as an add-on module to my main library. The Java code can access all tzdb versions, as will any JavaScript port, so that should provide what you’d be looking for.

Just a vague plan for now, however. No release schedule ;)

-Kerry