[tz] zdump man page misleading?

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Feb 25 21:23:22 UTC 2021

On 2/25/21 1:06 AM, Martin Burnicki via tz wrote:

> So the lower year is *inclusive* and the upper year is *exclusive*, and
> from my understanding these words should be swapped in the text of the
> man page. Or am I missing something?

Yes, but the real problem here is that zdump's behavior is confusing so
the documentation is confusing.

On reflection it's probably better to change zdump -c and -t so that
lower bounds are consistently inclusive and upper bounds consistently
exclusive. Although this is an incompatible change, I doubt whether
anybody will notice or care. Proposed patch attached, and installed in
the development repository on GitHub.