[tz] Negative leap seconds in mainstream media

Øyvind A. Holm sunny at sunbase.org
Tue Jan 12 21:14:42 UTC 2021

On 2021-01-12 10:26:03, Brian Inglis wrote:
> One problem may have been that the last leap second was declared when
> dUT1  was changing rapidly but 6 months later had reached only about
> -0.4 in 2017  Jan, when the leap second flipped it to about +0.5, dUT1
> kept going down to  -0.1 around 2019 Mar, and it's wobbled between
> that and -0.25 since then;  see:
>
> https://datacenter.iers.org/data/latestVersion/224_EOP_C04_14.62-NOW.IAU2000A224.txt

This looks like a very interesting table to study. Could you point me to
a document that describes the column values, or maybe give a brief
description of the column abbreviations? I might create a project out of
this on Gitlab with SQLite and scripts to visualize the data.

Thanks for the interesting link,
Øyvind

N 60.376° E 5.3334°
OpenPGP fingerprint: A006 05D6 E676 B319 55E2  E77E FB0C BEE8 94A5 06E5
03b4eec4-551b-11eb-971f-5582e081d110