[tz] [PROPOSED] Merge timezones that are alike since 1970

David Patte dpatte at relativedata.com
Wed Jun 2 00:57:06 UTC 2021

I should add that as an app developer, i do not use zic at all, so I
have no need for enhancements to zic.

I write both astronomy and family history apps, and I write my own
parsers to extract the data I  want from tz tables on the fly. I believe
many using the historical data portion of tz would likely do the same
thing. Type (2) people simply want to continuously improve the
accessibility, locality and accuracy of historical tz data, for apps
that want PAST tzdata, not future tz data.