[tz] Undoing the effect of the new alike-since-1970 patch

Murray S. Kucherawy superuser at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 19:37:07 UTC 2021

On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 5:36 AM Paw Boel Nielsen via tz <tz at iana.org> wrote:

> There hasn’t been any info on the below in the last 10 days, is anything
> happening in the background which the list is not privy to? Or are we in a
> stalemate between the TZ coordinator and the opponents of this change?

Hi, I'm one of the two Area Directors for the Applications and Real-Time
area at the IETF.

This issue has been brought to our attention under BCP 175, Section 5.  I
am in contact with the appropriate people and will work with the community
to develop a path forward from here.  I can't give a promise yet on timing,
but you can expect an update soon.

-MSK