[tz] Temporal - ECMAScript built-in JS Library for dates/times/timezones/calendars in progress
jase.williams at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 17:27:48 UTC 2021
I'm one of the TC39 (EcmaScript) delegates.
As a heads up to anyone interested, we're creating a new built-in module in
This new, rich API includes:
- First-class support for all time zones, including DST-safe arithmetic
- Strongly-typed objects for dates, times, date/time values, year/month
values, month/year values, "zoned" date/time values, and durations
- Immutability for all Temporal objects
- String serialization and interoperability via standardized formats
- Compliance with industry standards like ISO 8601, RFC 3339, and RFC5545
- Full support for non-Gregorian calendars
Feel free to play around with it and offer feedback on the repo.
The repository is here:
It's currently Stage 2 which means it's under review, but there's hope to
see this implemented in Browsers/NodeJS soon.
For consideration in tz-link.html. Feel free to adjust wording
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the tz