[tz] [PROPOSED] Merge timezones that are alike since 1970

David Patte dpatte at relativedata.com
Sat May 29 01:07:04 UTC 2021

 > History going back how far?

 > And to what extent should we offer a guarantee of historical accuracy?

I didn't know there were any guarantees now for historical data, but
correct me if I am wrong.

BUt tz is the primary source for historical timezones, and I believe it
therefore should be expanded wherever possible, and as accurately as
possible - wherever and whenever possible. I also believe there should
be at least one zone per country, with its historical data back as far
as possible.