[tz] [PROPOSED] Merge timezones that are alike since 1970

David Patte dpatte at relativedata.com
Sat May 29 01:22:55 UTC 2021

On 2021-05-28 20:02, Paul Eggert via tz wrote:
> Given all that, why should Norway and Sweden continue to be special?

It may not be relevant to an American, but there are not two worlds, the
USA, and the rest.

Its notoriously arrogant to expect Swedes to use a timezone named
Germany. I'm certainly on record already for being forced to use
America/Toronto. I am not in Toronto, and America is the name of two
continents, and also the nickname of the USA. I am not in the country
called America, and America meaning two continents is ludicrous.

Canada/Toronto is at least not 100% insulting, or North_America/Toronto
either.

How many USA cities are forced to use Mexico timezones?