[tz] Pre-1970 data

Chris Walton crj.walton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 19:26:16 UTC 2021

My two cents:
Many of us actually work in IT and we cannot hide from the time zone names.
The use of the string "America" in Canadian time zone names has always
been a sore point for me.
I will always use Canada/Eastern over America/Toronto wherever it is
possible to do so.  It is all about National Identity and it is
something that seems to be lost on Paul and few others.
I am not asking to get rid of the "America" string in the core North
and South American times zones because it is far too late to do that.

It is not, however, too late to stop the senseless merging of time
zones across ISO boundaries. I view it as a political attack on the
National Identities of countries with small populations.  So far,
Africa, the Caribbean and Canada are getting the short end of the
stick.
I vote for #3 on Stephen's list but I would gladly settle for #2.  Is
somebody keeping track of the vote?
-chris