[tz] [tz-announce] 2021b release of tz code and data available

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Fri Oct 1 22:59:15 UTC 2021

On Sat 2021-10-02T05:47:00+0700 Robert Elz via tz hath writ:
> NetBSD has updated the Pacific/Apia and Asia/Amman zones
> to what they are in 2021b, but we have made none of the other
> changes.   Some of the other correction type updates may get
> added in the next few days, the zone merging almost certainly
> will not.

The overall pattern that I see is as if the downstream packagers are
acting as a communal judge issuing an injunction to avoid immediate harm.
I will not be surprised if the end result looks like that communal
judge issuing a ruling saying that no matter what the current rules
say, some things must be grandfathered under the old rules.

--
Steve Allen                    <sla at ucolick.org>              WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory--ISB 260  Natural Sciences II, Room 165  Lat  +36.99855