[tz] Version identification (was Re: Downstream use of 2021c)

Deborah Goldsmith goldsmit at apple.com
Thu Oct 7 21:17:05 UTC 2021

FYI, 2021a.1.0 just refers to 2021a. Apple released what ICU called 2021a1 as 2021a.2.0. The +VERSION file for that is still 2021a.

You probably already have 2021a.2.0 downloaded; you can check via:

% ls -l /var/db/timezone

If so, rebooting will make it the active version of tzdb.

See this page for an overview:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206986

Deborah