[tz] Daylight Saving in Fiji Islands

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Oct 11 20:42:15 UTC 2021

On 10/11/21 13:20, Paul Gilmartin via tz wrote:
> Will devices adjust in time?

There will likely be problems, yes. See "Samoa awakes to time change
confusion"
<https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2021-September/030796.html> for how
things worked out in Samoa last month, though admittedly Samoa gave even
less notice than Fiji is giving and other reasons also contributed to
the fact that we published a new tzdb release barely in time.

We do want to give early-adopters a chance to get it right, though. So
although I don't think we should cut a new tzdb release today (as
there's a chance Fiji's government will change its collective mind if
enough comments arrive shortly), we should do it reasonably soon.