[tz] Undoing the effect of the new alike-since-1970 patch

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Sep 13 21:30:41 UTC 2021

On 9/13/21 6:33 AM, Almaz Mingaleev via tz wrote:
> If 2021b comes out tomorrow, without the patch being reverted that
> would be a lot of work for Android

We do expect some progress on this issue shortly. In the meantime please
don't worry; 2021b is not coming out tomorrow.

By the way, what work would be needed for Android? Can you point to
Android code that would need changing, for example? My impression is
that the patch has little effect on Android users; if I'm wrong, it'd be
nice to know details.